I frequently get questions on the best way to take and send photos for people who live great distances from the clinic. I’ve include some sample photos for reference. Before you begin, you will need the following items:
- Measuring tape – metric is best
- Any camera, a camera phone will work adequately
- Good lighting in the area you will be taking the photo
Once you have these items, you are ready to begin following the instructions below.
- Take your photo straight on. Showing your entire face is not necessary, but we do need your eyebrows included so that we determine where your hairline begins in relation to your facial features.
- Next, snap two profile photos, one left and one right.
- Take a photo of the balding area.
- Take a photo of the donor area, making sure the camera is close enough that individual hairs are visible.
- Snap each photo again with the metric measuring tape in place.
The photo attachment will help to make this much clearer. Following these important steps enables us to make exact calculations of the extent of hair loss compared to the amount of remaining hair.